OLD BACKSTAGE
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
 
DY-NO-MITE!

I'm feeling really happy about the changes in my life right now. Everything is moving in a positive, forward direction and you can't beat that! It's sad to leave some things and people behind, but growth and change is important and that's my direction now!

One big change is that I'm moving. My best friend Suzanne bought a 5 bedroom house in Chelmsford and asked me to be her roommate. We're pretty much like sisters, so even though there's bound to be arguments, we're really good at working things out between us.

The place is great! Upstairs we have a kitchen, dining area, living room, bathroom, Suzanne's bedroom, a guest bedroom, and Suzanne's office. Downstairs, there's my bedroom, my office/studio, a bathroom, a laundry room, and a huge "party room." There's also a deck that runs the full length of the house on the top floor and there's an acre and a half of land with a small fruit orchard in the back. Needless to say, I'm really thankful and lucky to have a best friend who likes me around enough to be her roommate at such an awesome place!

The other big change has been the band. We've decided to create a new project called Vote For Pedro, and we had our first official gig headlining at Ryles on Sunday night. The show went much better than we could have expected. We had a few guests sit in with us, we had some really great new songs, and we even had a couple bellydancers come in and dance on our version of "Naughty Girl" from Beyonce. Had some new male fans after that. lol



I've also been slowly losing weight and I'm down 25 lbs. Someone just noticed for the first time the other day, and I fluctuate between 5 lbs every few weeks when I goof off, but I'm using the move as a new beginning to get back on track. Suzanne doesn't cook much and I LOVE to cook. When I prepare meals in advance and do my own cooking, I end up losing lots of weight because I'm really paying attention to what goes into the food and what I'm eating. I'm feeling better because I'm losing weight, although I have a long way to go.

Work is going really well too! I'm getting a bunch of potential new teaching jobs through the summer, and that will mean really good money. It's tough work becasue I have to promote my business, my band(s), and be super-organized...but I've never been as happy as I am now working for myself. My boss rocks!

So good stuff all around and I'm excited about moving and working. That's what I've been up to! You probably won't hear from me for a while since I'll be moving, so enjoy the summer and be sure to eat some summer BBQ!


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing