OLD BACKSTAGE
Monday, March 21, 2005
 
TESTING, ONE...TWO...THREE....

Before I got into the weekend review, I thought I'd share with you the recent results of my blood tests:

BLOOD CHEMISTRIES: Normal Range
KIDNEY STUDIES Function is normal.
LIVER STUDIES: Liver tests are normal.
DIABETES SCREENING: Blood sugar: 103 (normal is 70-110 MG/DL)
CHOLESTEROL SCREENING: Your cholesterol is improved.

Total: 196 (Goal is less than 200mg/dl. Borderline is 201-240, 240+ is high)
LDL (Bad Cholesterol): 134 (Goal is less than 160mg/dl)
HDL (Good Cholesterol): 46. (Goal is greater than 40 mg/dl)
Triglyercide: 82 (Goal is less than 200 mg/dl)

Looky me! Healthy as a horse! Then WHY am I always getting sick?! I want them to tell me my white blood cell count because I must have ZERO white blood cells. I am ALWAYS getting sick. In fact, right now I think I have strep throat. (One of the many joys of teaching school-age children)

I was pretty sick for a while with stomach stuff and dizzy spells and really awful headaches. They're changing all my meds because they think I may be having some sort of allergic reaction to the combination of things.

Anyhow, I was happy to see that I'm a healthy fat girl. Go me.

Speaking of, I'm down 13 lbs now in Weight Watchers. Slow going, but it's going.

Also speaking of, Amy reminded me of the joy of Weight Watchers with some old-school recipes. I'm going to make some chicken-liver bake today. MMMMM.

Now on to the weekend in review:

Friday Night: Did not a DAMN thing. I started to get sick, so I took some Tylenol Cold & Sinus. This could also be renamed to "Coma in a Pill." I slept for 14 hours. I'm not kidding - FOURTEEN HOURS. I mean, DAMN! I'm a girl who loves sleep, but I also like being alive and a couple more of those pills and I could sleep away the rest of my thirties.

Saturday Night: Against my better judgement (and probably still in a Tylenol-induced haze) I decided to keep my Saturday night plans. Suzanne and I both joined a a women's group. When I first heard what they were (a group of women in their 30's who do activities together), I immediately thought that I was signing away my youth and joining up with a spinsters club. BUT, I decided that I could either join up with other spinsters or be alone - I chose the Spinsters.

In fact, they were quite the opposite. A REALLY cool group of gals who like to party and who were hilarious. I had SUCH a great time with them. We went to Border Cafe in Harvard Square and I spent most of the night laughing and telling stories. We've got some cool things planned: rock climbing, white water rafting, karaoke, and more.

Dinner was early (at 6:00), so we ended early. Suzanne and I then stopped by my friend Laurie's house because she was having a party. In the old days, Laurie's parties consisted of LOTS of beer, dancing, weed, and lots of single people. These days, it consists of mostly couples and board games. Me and my faux-lesbian girlfriend Suzanne coupled up nicely with them and played a round of "Scene It!" It's a really fun game - I recommend to all y'all party people in da house.

Saturday was fun, but being sick, I should have been in bed. Payback was Sunday.

Sunday: We had rehearsal from 11-1 and a gig in Bridgeport, CT (otherwise known as "way the fuck out there.") Because I woke up very sick, I was slow going. Add to that my dog vomiting THREE TIMES in the house - makes for a halting stop to the morning. Needless to say I was an hour late to rehearsal and made my peeps unhappy. Luckily, they didn't yell at me about it or I would have cried.

The gig was opening for Patty Larkin. She's a fantastic singer-songwriter and Amy had been trying for a while to get us in front of her audience.

To start us off, the announcer didn't remember our name and announced us as "All About Bu..." Nobody knew what to do - the audience didn't understand what was going on from that intro and neither did we.

Next, we get onstage and it's like we're in black whole where all traces of sound have been sucked from existence. It was a nightmare. But the nightmare gets worse!

By this point, I was feeling REALLY shitty. My throat was incredibly sore and my ears felt like they were infected, and I was hungry and tired. After our lackluster performance, Amy wanted to go to dinner with her cousins. I didn't want to go, but considering I had been late and she doesn't get to see her cousins often, I had to just suck it up and take one for the team. Besides, they said we'd get Ethiopian food - which is my favorite.

After dinner we went on our way. It was a three hour trip home, and I was needing sleep in a serious way. Of course, as soon as we got onto Interstate 91, there was an accident. Apparently, a Mac truck had rolled over and lumber was strewn all over the highway. We were stuck there on 91 for 1.5 hours. People got out of their cars and started walking around talking to each other. I was less than impressed with Connecticut at this point.

I FINALLY got home at 2:45 to have Julip poop on the floor in front of me.

So today, I'm feeling extra assy and have to go work in Boston. Next up: Springtime Allergies!!


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing