OLD BACKSTAGE
Thursday, March 03, 2005
 
SLEEP WELL

I know you read this, almost every day.
And I know that you think I don't know that.

I'm just trying to understand how it is you sleep at night?
How you can have a peaceful night's rest while I cry myself to sleep?
How can you look me in the eye and have nothing to say?

Can't find the courage to face yourself?
It's easier to look at yourself through a bottle of vodka, I'm sure.

No matter what you think of me - fat, stupid, naive, submissive...
I always had the courage to say what I felt,
and I always had the courage to love you.

Now go to sleep with that.
Alone with your material objects: your house, your boat, your money.
Alone with the knowledge that you weren't brave enough, or man enough.

I was the adult.


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing