OLD BACKSTAGE
Tuesday, March 15, 2005
 
MISSING THE MOMMY GENE

I think there may be something wrong with me. I have NO desire to have kids. This works out well because as luck would have it, I can't have kids. But I just wonder if there's something WRONG with me that I don't have any desire to have them.

Don't get me wrong - I love kids. I adore my neice Litah and she just thinks I'm the coolest Auntie in the world. But man, they are a LOT of work. For instance...

Sunday was Litah's 7th birthday party. We went to Rainforest Cafe in Burlington. For those of you who haven't been there - it's fucking NUTS in there. It's built like a giant Rainforest and there's apes and shit hanging off the walls. You know what else is hanging off the walls? Kids. Kids everywhere you turn. And my only thought when I was there was, "I could NEVER work here. I'd go insane."

After leaving the restaraunt, we then went to my parents house to have cake and small party for Litah. Three of the kids from the neighborhood came to celebrate.



Looks innocent enough, right? Wrong. I have two words for you: FUCKING TERROR.

These three kids were OUT OF CONTROL. They ran around the house terrorizing my dog and my dad's dog while SCREECHING the most god-awful high-pitched notes that would make Mariah Carey embarassed. Glass was breaking, alarms were going off. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but it DID make me want to pull a Van Gogh and cut off my ears.

All the while this was going on, the mother just sat there and laughed it off. Now, she's a very nice lady who clearly loves her kids...but I cannot for the life of me understand how she let this behavior happen. Maybe I'm missing something here because I'm not a mom? All I know is that if me and my bro and sisters had pulled that shit when we were kids, we would have got into SERIOUS trouble and maybe even got whooped. (Please note: I don't endorse whoopings, but man....my ears were almost bleeding)

Anyhow, after the party I went back to my apartment with my dog and realized that I'm just not mommy material. I don't want that and don't desire it at all. I think I'm pretty nuturing and caring - I don't think I'm missing that - I'm just happy nuturing my dog, my family and my friends.

And for those of mine who ARE mommies: God bless you. That has got to be one of the toughest jobs in the world and I commend you for being able to do it with love and remaining as a cool and sane as you are. :)

Look at me - a Spinster at 33!


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing