OLD BACKSTAGE
Sunday, March 06, 2005
 
AND THEY CALL IT...PUPPY LOVEEEE

I'm so in love with my new puppy I can't even stand it. She's so awesome. She's the most awesome-est of awesome puppies. The new love of my life:


JULIP


Is she not the most adorable thing you've ever seen? Originally her name was spelled Julep(with an E), but they misspelled it on her doggie collar, and I kind of like the "I" so I'm keeping it.

A week ago Saturday my brother Derek and Aunt Evie went to South Yarmouth, MA to pick her up. I was in Vermont gigging, so my birthday present from them both was picking her up - which rocked steady and I continue to be grateful for. She stayed overnight with my parents and their dog Bailey. (Note: Bailey is about 10X the size of Julip.)

Julip was instantly in love with Bailey. Bailey, not so much. He took a little bit to get used to her, because she's so small and he's so big, but now they're pals and since they share a backyard they play together and both get a lot of exercize.

Julip was *supposed* to be housebroken, but she's gone on my floor a number of times now. Once at the exact moment that I was telling friends that she was getting better. Her timing is good, you've gotta give her that. She's getting used to going outside and the schedule I've got her on and hopefully she'll be better soon at it.

It really is like having a baby, though. I have to watch her constantly because she eats EVERYTHING. She's teething right now, so she also chews everything (including my hands). The funniest thing about her is that when she gets excited and starts barking she sounds like a rooster. It's funny except for at 5:00 am. Not so funny then.

She was also instantly in love with Ben. Because of her penchant for using my floor as her bathroom, Ben calls her Poopy and she responds to him. She adores him, as you can see from these pics:



I actually joked that all things small and cute in my life are in love with Ben because my 7 yr old neice Litah has a crush on him as well. Ben is like a friggin' Disney movie: kids and animals all love him. Just another thing he does well: being adored. Damn him!

Back to Julip/Poopy: she was the most perfect gift for me for so many reasons. I have companionship now, she gets my lazy ass out of bed in the morning, we're going to walk together and get exercize, and she's just the cutest thing ever. She sleeps in the nook of my arm at night. I mean, COME ON! Love, love, love.

Don't worry, I have a self-imposed one month moratorium on puppy-love-gushing. But you can't deny that's she's the most awesome-est puppy in the world!


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing