OLD BACKSTAGE
Friday, February 11, 2005
 
I'M GETTING A PUPPY!!!

I am like an 8 yr old getting excited for Christmas!!

For a long time now, I've wanted a puppy. I love dogs. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM! Luckily, unlike cats, I'm not allergic to them.

The problem has been that I live in an apartment that I rent from my parents. My mom was anti-dog in the apartment for a LONG time. My dad, however, also loves dogs so he was all for it. He was always trying to change my mom's mind and SOMEHOW he got her to cave and they decided to get me a puppy for my birthday next week (2/18)! I'll be 33 yrs old and it will be my first time having my own puppy. I'm kind of nervous!

So, I just have to pick out the puppy I want. I went on to Petfinder.com and it looks like I'll be going to check out these pups:


Julep is a female Rat Terrier (Feist)/Beagle mix puppy who is estimated at 5 mths of age (2/8/05). Julep came to a rural KY shelter on 2/5/05 after she was found on a major thoroughfare running through the town. Julep is not going to be a large dog, probably weighing 15-20 lbs at full growth. She is slender built like the Rat Terrier and is black with tan points and a little white on her chest. She has the longer nose of a Rat Terrier but has the ears of a Beagle. She is very sweet and very cute. And best of all, she is extremely well-behaved! If you have been looking for the perfect house companion, Julep could be the one for you!


Annastasia-is a female baby of 7 weeks old as of 2-4-05. She is a Wire Fox Terrior and Shih-tzu and is the sister to Ewok and Ottis. She is very smart and very active little girl who loves to get attention and to play. We estimate that she will be about 15 to 30 pounds when full grown give or take a few pounds. She is being socialized with children and other dogs in her foster home.


Ewok- is a 7 week old ( as of 2-4-05) male who is a Wire Fox Terrior and Shih-tzu mix. He is the brother to Annastasia and Otis. Ewok is the smallest of the 3 and is just so cute and lovable. He is already being brushed and socialized with children and other dogs in his foster home. We estimate that he will be 15 to 30 pounds when full grown give or take a few pounds. We realy think he will be on the small side though but can not say for sure.


Otis - is a male 7 week old (as of 2-4-05) Wire Fox Terrior and Shih-tzu mix. He is the brother to Annatasia and Ewok. He is the sweetest little baby who loves to play and get attention. He is learning to be brushed and socialized with children and other dogs in his foster home.


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I want them all!! They are SO adorable. I have to do some research and find out about care, health, temperment, etc of all of them....but I want to cry that I can't have them all. It honestly breaks my heart, but I'm glad I can give at least one of them a home.

I'll keep you all posted and put up pics when I get my new pup. Oh my head, I'm so excited!!!!!


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing