OLD BACKSTAGE
Monday, January 10, 2005
 
PREJUDICE AND STUPID

Last night, I was flipping around on TV and started watching "Celebrity Fit Club" on VH1. Basically, it's a bunch of fat celebrities at boot camp: The Biggest Loser goes Hollywood.

One of the contestants was Ralphie May. Ralphie was the winner of "Last Comic Standing" and he's a funny guy. He's also incredibly handsome - despite being almost 500 lbs.



They interviewed his girlfriend (who was his girlfriend BEFORE he got some celebrity) and she talked about being with him. She said she realized one day that the only reason she wasn't with him was because he was fat, and that was prejudice and stupid of her. Then she went on to talk about all the great things about him: he's funny, kind, intelligent, and HANDSOME.

It just made me happy to see someone get past an obstacle that I constantly deal with. And even though I'm working to lose weight right now, it gave me hope that maybe someone can see past it to love me too.


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing