OLD BACKSTAGE
Thursday, January 13, 2005
 
PRAY FOR MY TEETH!

I got a call from my dentist's office reminding me of my appointment today, and I promptly had to call them back and tell them I wouldn't be coming. Yeah, dude, I don't have any dental insurance...and that's pretty awful for me considering I'm so obsessed with my teeth. So my options are either to marry a dentist, or have a lot of prayers said for my teeth. I'm pretty sure it's clear to everyone what needs to happen: fold your hands and say a little sumpin' sumpin' to the man upstairs to keep an eye out on my pearly whites!

Yesterday, I stopped by the BSO to go to my credit union. I ended up walking around saying hello to everyone and it was really nice...everyone was really happy to see me and genuinely interested in how I'm doing, what I'm up to. I worked with some really cool people there. Granted, my actual job sucked ass, but the people were and are great.

What was hard for me was walking by Mr. X's office and not stopping in. I had to make a very conscious choice to NOT do that. I hate that this is the way it has to be...but there's a lot of history that can't be erased. It's probably the crappiest thing EVER to be in love with someone that cares for you too, but just chooses to not treat you right. Putting your heart in "protect" mode sucks too: you have to put up a wall emotionally that effects other relationships in your life...but that's the way it is has to be for now.

WEIGH-IN RESULTS: This week I lost - .2 lbs. (Originally thought it was more, but I can't read their damn new printout things). I lost 1/4 of a lb which is exactly one stick of butter. I'm not upset by that because I had such a gigantic weight loss the week before (10.8) that a smaller loss this week was to be expected. Hopefully next week will yield much better results and I'll be back on my way.

I'm also keeping my promise to myself to be more social! I went out with a friend last night, I'm having a poker game Friday night, I'm singing with some friends as part of a marriage proposal on Saturday night (fun and romantic!) and on Sunday I'm helping a friend out with a project. Look at that! Me spending far less time in my house. Ok, well poker is AT my house, but at least I'm being social and winning money!

Now I must go and de-ice my stairs so that I don't have any liability suits from my students!






Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing