OLD BACKSTAGE
Monday, November 08, 2004
 
HUG A TREE (EVEN A GIANT REDWOOD, LIKE ME!)

Tonight I went next door to my parent's house to borrow some cotton balls from my mom. I went over there to find my mom semi-propped up in bed like she usually is, but out like a light. She had fallen asleep while reading. She had a mug-full of tea dangerously on the verge on spilling onto her new quilt, the book she read was being kept open to the page by her sleeping hand. Beannie (the cat) was curled in a ball next to her.

I took the book and mug out of her hands and she was in such a deep sleep that she didn't even notice. I just looked at her for a few minutes: my beautiful mom.

Then, of course, she let out a lumberjack-sized snore. I laughed and was on my way.

________________________

Tonight I read an article by Eve Ensler (The Vagina Monologues) that affected me so profoundly that I need to share it with you all: women AND men. I have a feeling I'm violating some copyright here having scanned the article, but my hope is that Eve will forgive me since I'm singing her praises. I know this is a bit tough to read, but if you can struggle through it, I promise you it will be worth it. You'll have to scroll down a bit because of the big JPEGS (sorry! that's about as high-tech as I get!).....







Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing