OLD BACKSTAGE
Wednesday, June 16, 2004
 
ALL ALCOHOLIC CONSUMPTION SHALL NOW CEASE AND DESIST

Alcohol
+
Taunia
=
BIG FAT JACKASS





I've never been a big drinker. I've never liked beer and it took me almost 30 years to develop a taste for more "adult" drinks like vodka tonics or martinis. I still don't drink very often, it's rare when I do. But for the love of God, I need to figure out how to drink within reason or just not drink at all.

Like I said, I hardly ever drink. I'd say out of the entire year, I find myself fond of the drink maybe 4 or 5 times. The problem is that because I rarely drink, I also have zeroalcholic tolerance. In other words, I become wasted pretty quickly.

Don't get me wrong: I'm a happy drunk. I love everyone and I have no inhibitions at all - which, as it turns out, can also be a HUGE problem. Not only do I have no inhibitions, but I also have no sense of reasoning.

The past two weekends I drank on both Friday nights. This is incredibly rare for me, but I just happened to be in two social situations that I felt like I wanted a nice cold beverage. On both weekends, I drank to the point where I did things that in any other frame of mind I never would have done. There's also portions of each evening that I can't even remember. And I'll tell you what: that ain't good.

I don't think I have a problem with alcohol or that I'm in danger of becoming an alcoholic, but I DO know that my body just doesn't tolerate alcohol very well and I lose control of myself. I'm just embarassed my actions of late - you'd think I was 21, not 32. Time for a change.

I'm not going to lie and say that I'll never have another drink, but I am definitely need to find a way to pace myself so that I don't make myself look like a total ass again. I don't think anyone that I was with was angry or upset because of how I acted, but *I* am embarassed that I behaved like a college freshman.

I wonder if I can get the bartenders to make me a nice chocolate milk....


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing