OLD BACKSTAGE
Thursday, January 29, 2004
 
Greta Garbo, I *SO* know what you meant, sister.

Well, this has been a most assy week.

Let's see...where to begin? Where to begin. Let me start off with the good stuff so I can just go no-holds barred into some full-out bitching.

Wes has been here for the past week and it's been nice having him. There's no doubt we rock solid when he's doing his thang. We had a really rockin' gig at the Crescent Dragon Gallery Cafe, where we almost had to turn people away at a sold-out show. We were "on" and despite me not feeling well and Ben being in a full-out cold disaster, we sounded great. I was also really happy to see Christine, my good friend (aka stalker) Pat, and a bunch of my hometown pals there. It was a concert AND a reunion!! Good times.

And there, my friends, ends the good times.

Fast forward to the end of the gig when I go to pick up the dough from the owner. Now pay CLOSE ATTENTION to what this man (Dopey) said to ME - your favorite DIVA:

Dopey: "You sounded really good tonight."
DIVA: "Thanks, I appreciate that."
Dopey: "No, really. You sounded really good. Much better, um, different than last time."
DIVA: (at that point wondering just where he was going....)
Dopey: "Have you been practicing?"

Let me repeat that for you:

"Have you been PRACTICING?"

Have I been WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?

Ok, maybe all 3 of you readers out there don't understand how fucking MAJORLY INSULTING this is, but let me explain. That's something that you say to an amature. I FUCKING TEACH VOICE. Yeah, I practive every fucking day because I thank God every second that I can sing and I take very, very good care of my instrument. But what the FUCK??? He may have well finished with "Well, keep at it! You're getting better."

Oh fuck. It seriously took every ounce of restraint I had to not have at it with him. I just looked at him, took the money, got up and left. Fucker.

I suppose it's good to be humbled every now and then, but GEEEZUS, come ON.

And the week just keeps getting better kids....

Fighting with EVERYONE:

*I fought with my mom and sister because they're both being jackasses to my Dad.

*I had a couple words with some students who didn't pay me when they were supposed to (a re-occuring situation that I *must* fix).

*I fought with the band over something that I felt pretty justified in bringing up, but was the only one to see so I ended up looking like a fuckwad.

*I fought with Mr. X because - well, just because he just can't ever get it right and I'm tired of his bullshit.

*I fought with AT&T because I just sent those bastards $212.80 over 2 weeks ago and they STILL haven't posted it and are threatening to shut off my phone.

*I'm currently fighting (well, struggling) with the band over $$ because we have to come up with nearly $6000 and we have oooooooooohh, $45.00. This was right after finding out that we didn't get into the conference that was supposed to propel us into working full-time. The band's finances are being run like our personal finances and let me assure you - that ain't good. We're banking on the hope that we'll be able to fundraise and find money other ways, yet there's a date that's been set for recording and it's now moving in on us fast and we still have NO money. I wasn't in favor of the month we chose from the beginning and now I'm feeling stressed about finding money. I don't want to be stressed about band finances - I'm stressed about my own! That, coupled with a feeling of zero control and zero sleep and zero ambition makes me want to just give the fuck up and be an old lady who lives with her parents. My life is a constrant struggle with money and I JUST. CAN'T. STRUGGLE. with the band's finances too. I just CAN'T. I can feel my blood pressure rising as I write this.

I seriously need a vacation. I need to be far away from everyone, lying on a beach doing absolutely nothing for a week. I want everyone and everything to go away. I want to be alone.


Powered by Blogger

THE ONLY RINGS I EVER GET:

« ? A day in the life # »

< ? bostonites # >

OTHER SUPERSTARS YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT:

(a) musings

Echoes of a Dream

Pound The Sneeze

Superelastic Iconoclastic

Search Engine Submission and Internet Marketing